We will assist with:
- Initial Evaluation
- Designing your curriculum
- Setting up student’s portfolio and help maintain records
- Professional tutoring in any subject
- Fulfilling the end-of-year evaluation requirments
Reasons to Home School
A growing number of parents are choosing to home school their children. Each family has their own personal reasons for doing so.
- Overcrowding in public schools
- Lack of individual attention from teachers and school staff
- Level of education being offered in the public setting, but private school education is too expensive
- Focus more on student “making the grade” then student progression
- Religious reasons or personal family core values
- Emotional abuse: bullying and peer pressure
- Classified or labeled and singled out by peers or teacher
- Parents desiring to spend more time with their children and families
- Medical conditions
- Professional and amateur athletes in training
And many other reasons… Whatever your reason Ivy League Educational Services can help meet your Home Schooling needs!
Your Responsibilities are:
- Send a notice of intent to your school district superintendent.
- Maintain a portfolio of records.
- Make your portfolio available for inspection by the superintendent upon a 15 day written notice.
- Submit annual “Data Bade Survey”.
- Submit an annual evaluation for each child to the school district superintendent.
- Preserve your child’s portfolio for two years.
- Submit a letter of termination upon completion of your home education program or if you move from the county.